Terms & Conditions
1. INTERPRETATION: Definitions in these conditions, the following apply: Client: the customer of Trade Lanyards Ltd of which whom is ordering the goods from Trade Lanyards Ltd. Goods: the products or any part to them being ordered by the Client and supplied by Trade Lanyards Ltd. Business Day: a day (other than Saturday, Sunday or public holiday). Specification: any specification.
2. CONDITIONS: These conditions apply to all orders with Trade Lanyards Ltd and supersede all others unless specifically signed and agreed to by a Director of Trade Lanyards Ltd. By placing an order with Trade Lanyards Ltd you on behalf of your company (Trade Lanyards’s client) constitutes acceptance that the following condi- tions (the following 1 thru 15) are the only conditions that apply to the contract notwithstanding any purported terms put forward by you at the time the order is placed and agreed to by a director of Trade Lanyards in writing.
3. PAYMENT TERMS: The first three orders are to be paid on Pro-Forma basis, after which a credit account will be opened. Payment terms (pro-forma, prior to delivery, upon delivery or 30 days after delivery) will be stated at the time the order is placed. If payment terms are not specified, the contract will revert to payment required prior to delivery of the goods. For late payments, see section 11 of these Terms and Conditions.
4. PASSING OF TITLE AND RISK: The risk of the goods shall pass to the Client upon delivery. All products, delivered or not, remain Trade Lanyards’s property until payment is received in full. In the event of non-payment by the Client for such goods Trade Lanyards will, without loss of any rights or remedy, remove from your possession those goods belonging to us in accordance with these terms and conditions and Trade Lanyards shall be entitled to enter the property where the goods are stored and repossess and remove the same. The Client hereby grant us irrevocable license to enter your premises for the said purpose.
5. THE GOODS: We reserve the right to alter any details or design of products illustrated without prior notice and while every effort is made to describe our goods accurately on sales literature, email and the website no warranty is given as to accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for error or miss-description and any resulting loss. Trade Lanyards Ltd reserves the right to keep samples/examples of products ordered and utilise (photograph, present samples to prospective clients, etc.) any and all products for the purpose of showcasing the types of products, processes and examples of past products in advertising print, on our website, in catalogues, at trade shows, in client meetings and in any other situation that Trade Lanyards Ltd chooses to showcase past completed orders.
6. QUOTATIONS AND CONTRACTS: Orders are accepted subject to our right to adjust prices quoted to take account of any changes in the law or Government regulations requiring us to increase prices by way of direct taxation, import duties, customs and excise duties or otherwise. The prices are based on today’s current costs of production and in the event of any increase in wages or costs of materials to us occurring after the confirmation or accepted contract, we shall be entitled to charge such increases to you. All quotations are valid at the time of quoting errors and omissions excluded.
7. DELIVERY: Every effort will be made to deliver on time, but any delivery day or lead-time specified is a best estimate and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from delay or error in the delivery of the goods. Lead times will be deemed to commence at the date that Trade Lanyards Ltd receives in writing the final artwork approval from the client. Deliveries will occur between the hours of 8am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. No deliveries on the weekends unless specified.
8. QUANTITY VARIATIONS: Trade Lanyards Ltd shall be deemed to have fulfilled our contract by delivery of a quantity within 5% plus or minus of the quantity of goods ordered and you will be charged at the contract rate for the actual quantity delivered.
9. CLAIMS: Any claims arising from damages, delay or partial loss in transit must be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 business days of delivery. All claims with regard to the quality or quantity of the goods shall be made in writing to us, so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply as to quality and quantity with the terms of the contract. Trade Lanyards Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the goods in transit unless loss or damage is noted at the time of delivery. Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing so as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of our invoice.
10. LIABILLITY: Save in so far as defects in the goods cause death, injury or damage to personal property, our liability for any loss or damage suffered by you in respect of the goods shall be limited to the contract value of the goods. We can accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the supply of goods under this contract. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the right of a consumer.
11. CANCELLATION: A charge of 15% of the order total will be made on all cancelled orders, together with the charge for all work carried out up to the date of when the written cancellation reaches Trade Lanyards Ltd. In addition, Trade Lanyards Ltd reserves the right to add a disposal fee to the cancellation charges when applicable.
12. OVERDUE INVOICES: No goods will be delivered on accounts that remain unpaid 14 days after payment is due. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts, at the rate of 20% per annum (charged at the daily rate of 0.0548%). This does not prevent us from pursuing payment of overdue accounts at any time after payment becomes due and shall be in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights we may have against the Client.
13. QUANTITY CHANGES: Any changes in quantity ordered must be made in writing to us prior to commencement of manufacturing. Any increase in the order must be regarded as a separate contract unless written notification is received before work commences on the original order.
14. COLOUR VARIATIONS: Due to the variety of materials and the imprinting processes utilised by Trade Lanyards Ltd and its suppliers, no guarantee can be given to match exactly pantone numbers or colour samples provided by the client. Trade Lanyards Ltd will endeavour to match as closely as possible to these colour references, but cannot be held liable for any further costs that may arise.
15 FORCE MAJEURE: Trade Lanyards Ltd will not be held responsible for failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable control or by inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices due to any such cause and in such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability to you.